Saturday, February 16, 2013

Catch Up

Well I have been a major slacker these past 4 months. I finally got all my pictures off my camera so hopefully I can get back to being awesome at updating this. It would take me too long to put all the pictures up that I would like so I'm going to just have to recap the last 4 months.

  So I last left off carving pumpkins so here is Isaac after we got back from trick-or-treating. Here in Lawrence everyone does it on their main street. So it's pretty busy but Isaac loved getting to see all the other kids in costumes and he still got quite a bit of candy. He of course ate all the suckers first before he even tried anything else. He still talks about Halloween. Can't wait for next year.








Isaac is definitely interested in going through the drawers in the kitchen to find toys with whatever he finds. He loves taking out my baster and using it like a microphone. He just goes around singing with it.

My sister invited us to her boys birthday party when we visited Utah in December. She had the party at a bounce place. Isaac was terrified of everything. He wouldn't go on anything there. I had to force him to go down a slide with me. He cried the whole time. The funny thing is that when they had this Kangaroo come in to sing happy birthday Isaac wasn't scared at all. He went right up to him and hugged him. It's funny what does and doesn't scare him. 
Isaac loves Christmas and he loves trains. So his grandma and grandpa got a train for under their Christmas tree for him when we came and visited. He loved it. He loved getting to make it go fast and slow and especially loved putting it into reverse. 



 Christmas was really fun. Isaac was understanding that Santa brought him gifts and he can now ope them by himself. We did have a tantrum after he opened his first present because we wouldn't take it out of the box and let him play with it right that second. After about 5 minutes of explaining that he could have it later he calmed down and opened the rest of his gifts. I will have to remember next year to hold off on the presents I know he will love until last so we can avoid tantrums. He loved all his gifts especially superman outfit that his Aunt Corinne made him. I love it too because whenever he wears the hat anywhere in public we get comments. Brett even liked the hat as you can see he wore it for a bit.

Isaac is really into playing with Michelle's V8 cans. When he was younger he would take them out of the pantry and line them up on the counter. Now that he's gotten older he likes to stack them. Several times   a day he'd go into the pantry and take the V8s out and stack them and knock them over.
It was a lot of  fun when everyone got outside
and played in the snow. Brett even came out
to help the boys build an igloo. 
Mason is working his way through the
igloo. He's the only one who will be
able to fit. 
It would be an understatement to say
that Isaac likes to eat snow. He got sick
of picking it up so he just dropped down
and ate is straight from the ground. 
Jamison and Mason tried to build an igloo
and kind of succeeded. Mason was able to
burrow through. You can just see his head on
one end and his feet on the other.
In the end everyone went inside except
Isaac. It took a lot of persuasion to get
him inside. He thought it was funny to lay
on the ruined igloo like it was a chair.
For Christmas I like to do one big gift for Isaac. Last year we got him a slide which he actually still plays on quite a bit. This year we got him a train table. Since we were in Utah for all of December we didn't want to attempt transporting it. So we told Isaac that Santa left him a present at home. It took Brett a couple of hours to put it together. Isaac loved it and still does. Sadly it doesn't look as nice as it did that first day. I've 
attempted several times to put the track together but Isaac doesn't seem to care about the track. He takes the main pieces and plays with those and the train. He even brings the train cars into the kitchen to play with them on the floor. At this rate think I'm going to be doing a train   theme for his birthday this year. 
 
 So when we first started potty training Isaac we just had him run around with no pants so he could make it to the potty without having to pull anything down. I had to get a picture of this because it was so funny. So he has no pants or underwear on. He found his old changing pad that I used to use and called it his backpack. So he stuffed it full of his toys. Then he put on Brett's shoes and hat which are huge on him. He was walking around saying he was either going to work or to do homework like daddy. It was so cute.


This is my most updated picture. Before I uploaded my pictures from my camera I realized that it had been a bit since I'd taken a picture of Isaac. So I took the one. His hair is getting too long for my liking so I'm sure the next pictures on here his hair will be shorter. He definitely loves smiling for the camera and loves looking at them afterwards. My little man is getting so big and tall. I still have this wow I have a kid moments and he's almost 3! 







No comments:

Post a Comment